Our screen sharing service works right inside your browser using WebRTC technology. There is nothing to download and no need for your participants to register anywhere in order to view your screen or shared documents.
Screen sharing can be initiated using a computer or on Android using the mobile *app. It is not currently possible to share your screen using an iOS device or from a browser on an Android device. Screen sharing can be viewed on all devices.
1. Ensure you have Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Safari Installed or one of our Desktop/Android *apps installed
2. Join your Online Meeting Room
- Click 'Start' from your account dashboard in Chrome or the *App OR
- Paste your meeting room link in your Chrome browser
3. Select the 'SHARE' button at the bottom of your Online Meeting Room
4. Choose what you want to share
- Entire Desktop - best for PowerPoint slide decks or when you have multiple applications that you want to share
- Window - useful if you want to ensure viewers only see one specific document or application
- A Google Chrome tab - easiest for sharing a website in Chrome
5. Exit Screen Sharing
- Click the 'SHARE' button OR
- Click 'Stop Sharing Screen' in the center or bottom of your online meeting room
It is also possible to upload a document to present via the chat box on the right-hand side. This is the best option for smaller groups and animated PowerPoint presentations.
Sharing Audio while screen sharing: On Windows computers with Google Chrome, check the box in the bottom left corner to share the audio while sharing your entire screen or a Chrome tab. On a Mac computer with Google Chrome, check the box in the bottom left corner while sharing a Chrome tab (it isn't possible to share audio while sharing your entire screen when using a Mac).
Participants: For participants to be able to view your shared screen, they only need to connect via their browser as they would for a video meeting. You can find detailed instructions for participants in the article 'How Do Participants Access My Video Conference?' in the Web Conferencing section of our support site.
*Desktop and mobile apps are not available with every subscription.